Coax switch; A/B switch; Winkeyer
FT-1000MP Mark V
Palstar Dummy Load; Yaesu PS
(click on images for expanded photos)
- By most standards, I have a fairly modest shack
- Main transceiver is a Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark V. It has all the mods done, including the roofing filter, and Inrad filters installed.
- Second transceiver is a Yaesu FT-847, powered by an Astron RS-20M PS. Used as backup on HF, and on 6M/2M/70 cm.
- Ameritron AL-811H amplifier running 600W on CW and 800W PEP on SSB. Interfaced to the transceivers using an Ameritron ARB-704 interface.
- Paddles are a brass/wood CW paddle handmade by K8RA and also a vintage Ham-Key
Iambic paddle. Also use a K1EL Winkeyer interfaced to the laptop.
- Heil Pro-Set headset and Sony MDR-V6 headphones. Microphone is a Yaesu MD-100.
- SWR meters are made by Autek (WM1), Diamond (SX-200), and Workman
- Antenna Tuner (AT1KM) and Dummy Load (DL2L) are made by Palstar
- Ameritron RCS-8V remote coax switch; Homebrew A/B switch to interface either transceiver to the laptop
- Station computer is a Dell 800 MHz notebook, running Windows XP. Software includes Ham Radio Deluxe, N1MM Logger, N3FJP contest software, and the DXLab Suite.
- Antennas are described here.
- Need a new shelf for your equipment? Construction details of my Shack Shelf are described here.
- Your feedback is always welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thanks for looking......and 73!
HyGain Controller; Palstar Tuner
Meters: Autek, Diamond, Workman; Amp Interface